Tuesday July 4 to Friday July 7 - 12:15-3pm
For students going into Grade 6-9
Each day in the Youth Room after VBS is done
During VBS week, we offer activities for preteens and teens after the morning program is done each day! These activities are designed to help students "cross over" from kids' ministry to preteens, and from preteens to youth. Our activities include "get to know you games" and FREE lunch on Tuesday, field games, paint wars and more. Bring a bagged lunch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. All activities are free!
NEW THIS YEAR - we are NOT offering a Crossover activity on Monday July 3. Instead, our week will begin on Tuesday July 4 with lunch and games.
CONSENT WAIVERS - please fill our our waiver and bring it to the first event you attend if you did not participate in our Friday activities this school year (otherwise, we have yours on file!). This waiver covers all events your child attends until September 2017. Please note that registering online is not a substitute for the waiver - we require a parent or guardian to sign off on the form. Can't print one at home? We will have copies available during Crossover week.
VOLUNTEERS - we are looking for both adult and older teen volunteers for our afternoon activities -email Amanda to sign up as a volunteer
- Adults: Criminal record check is required - role includes running Tuesday lunch, setting up activities and group supervision
- Teens: No criminal record check required; counts as school volunteer hours - open to teens going into Grade 10-12 - role includes setting up and cleaning up daily activities
- Tuesday July 4 - Hot Dog Lunch & Icebreaker Games
- hang out with your friends and make some new ones with games designed to help us get to know each other better! Lunch provided this day only (hot dogs, juice, chips and veggies)
- Wednesday July 5 - Choose Your Activity Day - choice between indoor/outdoor group games (bring lunch, water, running shoes and sunscreen) or indoor arts and crafts (bring lunch and an old shirt)
- Thursday July 6 - Field Games - Meet in the youth room and eat your lunch before we head to McLean Park across the street for lots of outdoor games (bring lunch, water, running shoes, sunscreen)
- Friday July 7 - Paint Wars!!! Join us for a wacky afternoon of paint-based games at McLean Park! We use tempra paints that do wash out of hair and skin, but bring some old clothes and WHITE SHIRT that can get colourful. Parents, we will hose your kids off outside before they go inside to change into a clean outfit to wear home (bring lunch, old shoes/shorts, white shirt, towel, change of clothes)